Discharging Income Taxes in a Bankruptcy

Tax time has come and gone another year. Income taxes owed (either federal or state) can be discharged in a bankruptcy if 1) the tax is more than 3 years old, and 2) the actual tax return was filed. Some taxes such as sales tax and withholding taxes for an employee are never dischargeable. If you are in need of consultation from a professional bankruptcy lawyer in the KC area, call David Adams at 913-782-5500 today!

Recent Posts